Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome Discount Divas!

Welcome to the Diary of a Discount Diva, home of the best tips to get the look for less. As a self-professed Discount Diva, I have many "tips of the trade" that I want to share with women everywhere who want to be divalicious on a dime. Let's face it, being fabulous costs money, and in this recession, there isn't a whole lot of that going around. But just because you have a limited budget doesn't mean you can't be just a s fabulous as the rich and famous. Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking. "Ms. Diva, how can I afford my champagne taste on a Kool-Aid budget?" In some respects you can't. If you only have a small amount of disposable income for clothes and home goods, don't expect to wear Louboutins exclusively. That doesn't mean you can't own any at all.

Take me for example. A year ago, you could not tell me that I could own some of the more high end items I have now. At the outset, I make a comfortable living, but I am by no means rich and I refuse to spend thousands of dollars on any clothing item. It's just absurd to me. A cotton shirt is a cotton shirt. Seriously. A name will not change cotton. You have to be realistic about some things. Plus, I have an unusual body type. I am six feet tall, wear a size 11 shoe and I am thick in the thighs, behind and hips. Designers did not have me in mind when they were creating clothes for the slim-line hangers they call models. So, while I love designer clothes, they weren't exactly made for me.

But as a marathon shopper. I have discovered that having little or no money,or being odd-sized is no excuse for lacking fabulosity. So I decided to start this blog to help all my struggling and rising divas around the globe. So please check in for my latest bargain shopping and fashion tips and get ready to unleash the diva in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment