Monday, October 4, 2010

Best and Worst Warehouse Buys

Ok ladies, my Discount Diva swag is not just limited to fashion. I look for a deal wherever I can get it. So, when I read these two articles today, I couldn't help but to share it with you.

As a card carrying member of BJ's Warehouse, I know that I need to be careful about what I choose to buy in bulk because I may just be getting ripped off. I also know that buying certain things in bulk can be both a life saver and a money saver. So, here are the tricks of the trade.

Warehouse Clubs Best Buys:
  • Over the Counter Drugs
  • Electronics
  • Wine, Liquor and Beer
  • Books
  • Office Supplies
  • Dry Grocery Items/Nonperishable Items
  • Soda

Warehouse Clubs Worst Buys:

  • Milk
  • Diapers
  • DVDs
  • Toilet Paper
  • Holiday Promotions
  • Nonbulk Items

I also note that I have purchased some high-end items from warehouse clubs. For example, I purchased my first Movado from BJ's for $250. I recently saw Bottega Veneta bags there as well. I didn't check the price because I'm not shopping for a while, but it's worth a peek if you are in the market for a high-end bag.

Anyway, if you are interested in reading the full story on the tricks of acing warehouse club shopping, check out the following links:

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/04/22/worst-buys-at-the-warehouse-club/

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/finance-bestwarehousebuys/best-buys-at-warehouse-clubs/

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment